33 representatives representing 27 countries gathered in London for the first General Assembly of the European Casino Association (ECA) in 2018. It was held at ICE – Totally Gaming, the premier exhibition for the industry in Europe. The key issue at the General Assembly was the election of a new Board of Directors for the next 3-year term.
After a presentation of the successes and challenges of the ECA during the term of the previous board from 2015 till 2018, the ECA General Assembly voted for a new Board: The following outcome can be announced:
• Chairman: Per Jaldung (CEO, Casino Cosmopol – Sweden)
• Vice Chairman: Tracy Damestani (CEO, National Casino Forum – UK)
• Vice Chairman: Prof. Dietmar Hoscher (Member of the Board, Casinos Austria AG)
• Vice President: Guido Berghmans (Director-General, CASINO 2OOO – Luxembourg)
• Vice President: Pascal Camia (Executive Vice President of the Gaming Activity, Monte-Carlo Société des Bains de Mer)
• Treasurer: Marko Hurme (Vice President, Casinos and Racetracks, Veikkaus Oy – Finland)
• Board Member Janny Wierda (Corporate Vice President Security and Responsible Gaming, Holland Casino)
• Board Member: Laurent Lassiaz (CEO, JOA Group – France)
• Board Member: Marc Friedrich (Director, Swiss Casino Federation)
• Board Member: Thomas Schenk (Chief Compliance Officer, Deutscher Spielbankenverband e.V.)
• ECA Press Coordinator Hermann Pamminger (Head of CSR, Casinos Austria AG)
• ECA Executive Director: Philip Easthill
The former and newly elected Chairman of the ECA Board, Per Jaldung commented: “It is a great honour to receive the trust of all ECA members and be able to continue to build on the substantial achievements of the past years. The ECA has really fulfilled its motto to be – the voice of the licensed land-based casino industry in Europe – towards the EU institutions and beyond. However, there are permanently new challenges and opportunities on the horizon in fields such as technology, regulation, public perception and so on. Representing the licensed land-based casino industry, we have to make sure that the right information is available for those who need it to make well-informed decisions. Furthermore, we will continue to be a very valuable source for information, best practices, education and much more for our members and partners”.
Another important decision by the General Assembly was the approval of Liechtenstein as the 28th member country of the ECA. Liechtenstein will be presented by Casino Schaanwald, which was opened in the country on 25 October 2017.